Avita Home Health & Hospice started out as HomeCare Matters, which was formed by the merger of two highly respected organizations; Tri Hospital Home Health Care, serving the area since 1985 and Crawford County Hospice, serving patients since 1990. In the beginning of HomeCare Matters’ existence, the agency was owned by Galion Community Hospital, Bucyrus Community Hospital and Crestline Hospital. Over time, as hospital ownership changed, HomeCare Matters was partly owned by Avita Health System and partly owned by Ohio Health. In 2017, Avita Health System took full ownership of HomeCare Matters. This relationship solidified HomeCare Matters’ already positive reputation in the community and offered an opportunity to be viewed as a valuable service line in an already respected health system.
In February 2020, HomeCare Matters took the final official step in their relationship with Avita Health System by changing their name to Avita Home Health and Hospice. This name change gives the agency a new look while providing the same excellent care with the same highly qualified, compassionate team.
Avita Home Health & Hospice proudly serves all of Crawford, Morrow and Richland counties as well as parts of Huron, Marion, Knox, Seneca and Wyandot counties.
Our vision is to be a recognized, accessible, and preferred community provider delivering innovative, quality, compassionate, and personalized care.
Avita Home Health & Hospice will demonstrate compassion, maintain the dignity of others, foster a holistic approach to health, demonstrate teamwork, demonstrate innovation, develop leadership, and foster an atmosphere of trust.
- Executive Director: Catherine Sapp, BSN-RN
- Financial Director: Natalie Earl, BSBA
- Administrative Director: Patty Robinette, RN
- Home Health Clinical Director: OPEN
- Hospice Clinical Director: Kevin Bryden, BSN-RN
- Clinical Reimbursement Director: Nicole Blaser, RN
- Clinical Community Manager: Brenda Cutlip, RRT, RCP
- Human Resources & Financial Generalist: Christi Knauber
- Funnel Cake Stand Manager: Loretta Artrip
- Supervisor Social Services Supports: Brenda Grimes, LISW-S
- Volunteer Coordinator: Mary Burkhart
- Chaplain: Rick Utt, Jr.